Friday, December 22, 2006

On my mind...

My boy Curt lives in Denver Colorado. He's a manager at a college bookstore. He's snowed in. He plans to drive to Pocatello Idaho if he can get his car dug out from the driveway. Whew! Those Coloradans are getting their turn in the snowfilled barrel. In addition to dealing with the weather, Curt is hassling with his dear dog Duncan. Dunc', and Golden Retriever was constantly at the beside and behest of his master while Curt was sick sick sick a couple of summers ago. (Dog lovers know how they can offer at least a bit of a cure by licking one's hand or face.) So, when Duncan decides to devour (I love alliteration) about 40-feet of yarn, the human decides to save the dog. After much hassle and fundraising, ($4000) the dog has a surgery and is recovering with curt doing the human version of licking...(paying.)
I'm so proud my boy loves his mom enough to even think of driving that far to see her at Christmas on dreadful roads. But, also, I'm proud of his compassion for lesser creatures. Good for you, boy. A good human loves animals and mothers. And, just who the hell really thinks that dogs are "lesser creatures?"

NOTE TO EVERYONE AT THE GYM:
I didn't work out today. I've got a vacation day underway and chose to NOT workout. So, beat me for it. It was an executive decision made at 4am. I was up, had peed, drank a glass of water, and was prepping to leave. But, I decided that since I"ve been humping it six days a week for the past umpteen months, that I'd just curl up, roll over and head back to slumberland. I accomplished all, except the slumberland part. So, here I am, typing away instead of sleeping. At least I'm not pedaling.

NOTE TO JULIE, GENE, ETAL:
I read Gene in Northern Gleaner say that Lone Prairie's Julie says that to be a good blogger one must blog daily.
Allow me to say this about that:
"SIGH."
There's always something there to remind me of deficiencies.

Another friend, an Idaho boy, has a fine blog. It's called 4Idaho. You'll enjoy it, but you have to join a cult. He keeps a fine accounting of his life and thoughts on MySpace. (Shudder.) Uh, Rick....it's owned by Rupert Murdoch. It's a Fox-owned thingy. And, you'll pervert the children, twist the spine of users and damage the war-effort if you persist in forcing us to hang around with the strange likes of My Spacers. (But, I do many thing I'm not s'posed to.)

A special "hi" to Doug Leier, who useta' blog but has a life and doesn't anymore. But, he reads this lame offering. Also, "hi" to Pete Gregory, the owner of the railroad who's probably riding the rails this Holiday. You're a great friend amigo.

In case I don't get around to doing this again before Monday, "MERRY CHRISTMAS." And, good luck on the New Year.

4 comments:

Gene said...

I miss reading Doug Leier. He was a good blogger.

But,I think he chose real life over blogging.

I have considered it. I have a couple dozen things I would like to blog on like, Nursing Homes and fear, New Orleans and a dog to vomit, Disconnect Fees are a crooked racket, TSA is a bad joke and not funny, If you are gonna catch water you gotta did a ditch 2Kings3. ETC

Then other things step in and step on these good ideas.

I have honestly thought of Stopping Blogging. It actually interferes with my work, ministry, life, family, and lots of other things.

The Julie rule is good if you want lots of readers. I'm not sure that's my goal anymore. Maybe it never was. I wanted to be a voice for what I believe is good and right to offset the voices on the other side.

I'm a tad tired of the whole thing. I need a vaction. Christmas is not that.

So, Merry Christmas Jack. AS you are so fame for saying, Youre a goodn'

NodakJack said...

No, YOU'RE a good 'un. Please, kick tickling the ivories...I need to know what you'ze guys are thinking.
Thanks my friend.
Merry Christmas.
Really.

Doug Leier said...

Jackson:
I sure do enjoy your blog. You N Gene are partially right. Back in my bloggin' day's I'd one kid N one job. 2 kids+2 jobs X another curtain crawler on the way and I've only the time to read every other sentence in a blog. Thanks for posting Pistol Pete Gregory's blog back up here, had forgotten it. Julie and Gleaner are still must reads.

And Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Want to impress your friends?

best ESPN can do tonight is Rice vs Troy, two of three major universities that are 1 syllable and the other??????

Duke. that's sure to impress at Christmas dinner conversation.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas,Jack, and your awesoms son, Curt. And to you. Curt, I truly hope your wonderful dog has a total recovery, and that when you are driving to Idaho that you are especially careful. You are very lucky to have such a faithful dog and such a loving father. Happy holidays to you and yours!! Tilda

About Me

I am the father of three adult children. Two sons Curt and Charles, and a beautiful daughter, Casey.